Bird Watch (39116)
- The puzzles provide appropriate level of challenge for children of 4 years. They help in focusing on the problem at hand and seek the solution. Children understand the concept of trial and error and probe and play. The puzzles provide hands on learning. They provide a foundation stone instilling curiosity to know more. Once solved, they improve self esteem and confidence in the child. Being thematic they improve the child’s knowledge on the subject. Bird Watch introduces children to the fascinating world of birds
- It contains 72 jigsaw puzzle pieces and provides a closer insight to 18 Birds as a 4 piece puzzle set.
- By joining the appropriate 4 jigsaw pieces for each bird, children get to identify the birds, have a close-up view, study their feet, and their nests
- The educational aid unveils fascinating and surprising facts about the winged world while enhancing their matching and sorting skills and visual discrimination.
- The puzzle helps children to understand various aspects of nature/birds and their surroundings, stimulating their interest to explore more.
- By following the examples offered in the coloured instruction book educational children fit together the puzzle pieces of:
- birds whose feet are like claws such as the owl, vulture, eagle etc.
- birds who lay eggs in tree hollow like the toucan, hornbill woodpecker etc.
- birds with webbed feet -swan, pelican, skimmer etc.
- birds with a long and pointed bill. Examples are skimmer, heron and kingfisher etc.
- birds with unique nests. The most marvellous nests being those of the tailorbird and the weaver bird
- birds with unique shaped beaks- flamingo, spoonbill hornbill and the pelican.
- The information below will help children to understand various aspects of nature/birds, thus increasing their curiosity to explore
- Bird Watch can also be played as an educational fun game between 2-4 players wherein they have to complete the puzzle sets.
- The educational value can be further expanded by reading out to the children more facts about these amazing creatures from the illustrated puzzle booklet.